Saturday, October 17, 2009

New places and faces

I realize I haven't blogged in a while, and the reason is that I've gone back to school. Finally. I'm taking Massage Therapy, at the International Academy of Massage, and so far I'm loving it. For my first semester (which I am half finished already). I have Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Nutrition, Terminology, Massage Techniques, Client Assessments, Business Skills, Law and Regulations, and Communication Skills. I'm in class from 8:30am to 5:30pm with a 45 minute lunch break, 10 minute breaks between classes, four days a week. That means, instead of 16 hours a week of classes (such as at SSU, where I got my B.A.), I am taking about 32 hours a week of classes, and I LOVE it. The stuff I'm learning has me enthralled, and I just can't get enough.

The only part that I don't like is that I have very little extra time. I tutor a fantastic family after school, and I work in a local cafe on weekends, so between these and studying, my social life and regular sleep patterns have pretty much been squeezed to the sidelines. I can't do without either though (tutoring pays for gas; waitressing pays for school), and really enjoy both (although I enjoy tutoring much more than the cafe), so I can't complain. At least I have a job!

Once I'm certified I can do so much for people! Did you know that I can help someone who has a problem as simple as constipation and stress, or as complex as Fibromyalgia or some Muscular Dystrophies? I will be learning more about actual muscles than most doctors. I've been learning about the bones, all the major connections, primary joints, grooves, ridges, notches, tendons, internal bits, processes, etc., and that's just in one class! I'm going to feel all full-up with knowledge soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment