Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Family

Oh man. Family. Foremost in mind right now is my Sammy; she just got to Ottawa after driving straight from Georgia for about 27 hours. Oh my, such a crazy one. I love her so much. For those who don't know, Sammers and I lived together for a year and a half, as well as travelling (with other people) through the Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand. Until she came up here I hadn't seen her in a whole year. A YEAR! *sigh* and now I'm gone for another one. Another year. When I chat with Sam it's like I can be very open, she'll give her opinion and share herself with me. She has been more a sister than a cousin, and we even had a conversation once where she told me her kids would call me Auntie Becky, and I didn't even notice the fact that... normal cousin's children wouldn't do that! If I have kids they'll call her Auntie Sam for sure! There's just no question...
Then there's Rae and Joy. My sisters. Oh man. We're a family of contradictions!

No comments:

Post a Comment